To improvise your performance in the singing competition, we have provided some of the points in two divisions.
External grooming for a singing competition
- your sitting posture carries a large amount of interest in your presentation so it is advised to sit formally.
- Your dress code should match the theme of the song the participant must be well-groomed
- Your camera positioning should be horizontal for a larger view and not in constant motion.
- The bass of the voice increase with practice but it can also be increased with an additional micro phonic device so the use of an extra microphone is prohibited
- There should not be any extra background noise and the presentable background should be sought.
- Light condition must not be dim but illuminating.
- The voice should be audible and not mumbled.
- No editing of any kind even pause play is not acceptable.
You may use musical instruments example harmonium, tabla, guitar, etc.
Internal grooming for a singing competition
- The notation of the song should be perfect and crystal clear also extra notation should be avoided which may destroy the test of the ready-based song.
- Rhythm: your rhythm should be maintained throughout the song.
- Pronunciation of each word should be clear your accent should be appropriate according to the language of the song chosen.
- Your involvement should come from the very inside of you.
- You should be strong in the upper, middle, lower octave as well.
- Take the proper scale and don’t keep jumping up and down during the song.
- Sur: The standing notes should not be trembling.
- In ‘Mukhada’ or any variation of ‘Sur’ each and every ‘Sur’ should be transparent. For additional expressions don’t destroy the notation and pronunciation. All expressions should be in rhythm.
- Try to understand the meaning and mood of the song. For example – If it is a sad song your expression should be following the same mood.
- In Rhythm, Some songs are in multiple ‘taal’ presentations, in that case, maintain a proper rhythm of that song.